Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas (belated, of course...)

I just realized I have NO pictures from Christmas....what happened??? I think my brain was still recovering from not finishing finals until December 22nd.....yes, the 22nd!!

However, I had a great Christmas and spent tons of time with my family! My 2 aunts from PA came into town and I spent lots of time with them helping them cook, among other things. My sister, her husband and their 2 children stayed in town and I spent Christmas Eve night at their house so I could watch the boys open presents on Christmas morning. Then we had a big Christmas lunch at my parents. My brother, his wife and their 4 children were in Northern VA visiting family and came home around lunch time on Christmas day. So, after lunch we went over there to watch them open presents. That evening we had leftovers and opened family presents. It was a great day. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

This Christmas was extra emotional for me and I'm not really sure why! Could it be because i'm still single and both my brother and sister are married with oodles of kids? Possibly. Could it be because I've been a big ball of stress from finishing the semester and it was finally over? More likely. I think that I was so ready for the semester to be over and to enjoy Christmas and all the sudden Christmas was here, the semester was over and it's almost like I didn't know what to do with myself! I think I'm finally starting to decompress from school being done....and enjoy the next week off that I have (yes, I go back on Jan 4th...)

So, Merry Christmas (belated) to you and yours...hope you had a wonderful day!!!!!

Here's my little blessing and her picture from last Chirstmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment