Saturday, July 18, 2009

Things that make ya go hmmmm.....

This is my life these days. This is who I spend all my time with, have dinner with, watch tv with, sleep with.... I've determined that nursing school is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. No matter how well you think you study or how good of a student you are, I'm not really sure that anything can prepare you for going through nursing school. You have to almost re-teach yourself how to be a student, but you have to teach yourself how to be the type of student that they want. You have to learn a new way of taking tests...yep, no more right or wrong, to prepare you for the NCLEX, they like to give you the "pick the answer that fits best" kinds of tests. You want to argue a test question with them, no good...you get "this was just the better answer"...hello, rationale?? Not only do you have to deal with all the tests, but we spend HOURS every week in labs and clinicals and do we even get a grade for it? Nope, satisfactory or unsatisfactory....granted, w/out a sat, you don't pass...but I want credit for all the time I put in! I'm on the down-slope of my second semester and I have a feeling every day until I graduate on May 15, 2011 will be an uphill battle. BUT, after drudging through all of this, finishing school and passing the NCLEX, it will all be worth it....and I'll be a nurse! Until then, if you need me, i'll be hangin' out with those guys above....

1 comment:

  1. I found a new website with free blog backgrounds. shabbyblogs.com They have free buttons too. They have a follow me on twitter button and one about being obsessed with Twilight........haha!

    ReplyDelete